Philippine Passport is an important document as well as a Government Valid ID serve as your citizenship and a boarding pass for work or travel outside the country. A Philippine Passport is available to every Filipino Citizen at any age.
In comparison to the old type of application for Philippine Passport, this new process is way better, easier, faster, and efficient since you can already set an appointment online.
Steps by Step Philippine Passport Application
I. Prepare all the requirements for Online Appointment system.
These are the basic things that you need for a successful appointment online, as per DFA.
- A working computer with internet access
- A web browser.
- A working email address to receive messages with file attachments.
- A working printer and a pdf reader to view and print the system-generated the application form in A4-size paper.
The following applicants are exempted for the Online Appointment if you are one of these.
- Senior Citizen with Senior Citizen ID
- Person with Disability (PWDs) with PWD ID or visible disability
- Solo Parent with Valid Solo Parent ID
- Pregnant women with medical certificate
- Minors seven (7) years old and above
You may use the Priority Lane at any of the DFA’s office to apply for your passport.
II. Set up your Online Appointment with DFA.
- Click on this link to go to DFA website, and choose “Schedule an Appointment” from the menu.
- When you see the statement, “I have read and understood the instructions and information on this page, and so on, put a check mark on the box beside the sentence. Then click “Start Individual Appointment”. If you want to make appointments on behalf of your family, choose “Start Group Appointment”.
- Select the DFA Office near you where you want to file the application. Then, Click Next.
- Select your preferred date and choose an earlier time slots of your appearance. Then, Click Next.
- Fill up all the required information correctly. (Make sure that all the given information is correct. Gmail or Yahoo! email address are recommended)
- Check your Gmail or Yahoo account, a reference number will be sent to you together with the link to print your application form. Bring this printed form on the day of your appointment.
- This appointment system works on a first come, first served basis.
- If you set multiple appointments, please be reminded that your previous appointments will be automatically cancelled.
- Failure to show up on your appointment schedule will lead your of 30 days banned from getting another slot online. If you can’t make it on your confirmed schedule, cancel your appointment ASAP!
III. Personal Appearance at the DFA’s Office
- Go to the DFA Office on your scheduled date and time slots.
- Bring money for the Passport fees
- Present your application form together with the other requirements to the Appointment Counter. (See complete list of Passport Requirements below)
- Observe proper dress code. Applicants wearing spaghetti straps blouses or dresses, shorts, sando, sandals, flip flops, slippers are not allowed to enter the office ares.
- All applicants from 0 years old onwards are required to appear physically on the date of appointment. No chaperone is allowed for applicants will ages 18 years old and above.
Requirements for Philippine Passport Application
The following are the requirements for new passport applicants:
- Personal Appearance
- Confirmed Appointment
- Application form sent by DFA via email
- Birth Certificate in Security Paper issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or Certified Try Copy (CTC) of Birth Certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar and duly authenticated by PSA. (Report of Birth authenticated by PSA if born abroad)
- Only (1) Valid IDs and (1) Supporting Documents are needed to prove your identity.
See list of Valid IDs below:
- SSS ID
- Driver’s License
- GSIS E-Card
- PRC ID
- IBP ID
- OWWA ID
- BIR ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID
- Voter’s ID
For passport confirmation and other inquiries, dial DFA Hotline Number at (02) 556-0000 or visit their website at http://poea.gov.ph/.