Having a BPI’s Pamana Padala Savings Account is a relief to all of our Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) who have been working hard just to send their children to school, or help their family. Getting a BPI Pamana Padala Savings Account is now more convenient and efficient for you to help your family back in the Philippines by transferring your money through BPI Pamana Padala.
BPI Pamana Padala means. . .
BPI Pamana Padala is a savings account that is specially designed for Overseas Filipino Remitters. Once you receive your monthly salary from your company or employer, you can remit it directly to your BPI Pamana Padala Account.
BPI Express Online Advantage
Using BPI Express Online, you can send money to your family back in the Philippines by just using your mobile phone or computer that is connected to internet and transfer easily to your BPI Pamana Padala account to the BPI account of your beneficiary or recipient.
In this way, you don’t have to go to the remittance center or any bank. By using your mobile phone you can transfer your money anytime and anywhere you are. This process also is way much cheaper that sending money at the remittance center.
BPI Pamana Padala Insurance
Three (3) Insurance covered by BPI Pamana Padala Savings Account and on why you should open the account. It comes with a free Personal Accident and Life Insurance coverage by BPI-Philam Life Assurance Corporation.
- FREE 90-day Personal Accident Insurance
You are automatically entitled to a Personal Accident coverage worth P100,000 nnce you open the BPI Pamana Padala Account. This is valid for 90 days from the date of your account opening.
- FREE Life Insurance Coverage
In order to get the free life insurance coverage, you have to regularly remit or deposit to your BPI Pamana Padala account.
On your 4th remittance within a 12-month period, you will be entitled to this Free Life Insurance Coverage, which is equivalent to the total amount of remittances sent, up to a maximum of Php 300,000 and USD 6,000.
- Earn Interest when you open BPI Pamana Savings Account with Life Insurance
With BPI Pamana Padala Savings, you can also earn interest on your savings. You work hard to earn money and you let your money work hard for you too when you save it through BPI Pamana. Below is the Interest Rate per annum, which is subject to change without prior notice.
Here’s How to Open BPI Pamana Padala Account
BPI Pamana Padala account is only available in the Philippines. Therefore, OFWs can open an account while they’re still here or before they go abroad.
- Prepare the Requirements when you open BPI Pamana Padala Account
- Prepare Initial deposit: Php 500 or USD 500
- Photo-bearing Valid ID with signature
- 1×1 ID picture (most recent)
- 1 Utility Bill with your billing address
- Any of the following docucments as proof that you are an OFW
- Overseas Employment Certificate (from POEA)
- Work contract
- Work visa / Work permit
- OWWA ID
- Seaman’s book
- CFO Certificate
- PDOS Certificate
- Local residence id
Visit the nearest BPI bank branch, fill out these bank forms, and submit your account opening application form and requirements.
- Standard Account Opening forms
- Enrollment of BPI Pamana Padala for Group Life Insurance Coverage, to indicate:
- Name of Insured
- This is also the name of the account holder. For joint “OR” accounts, only the primary account holder shall be designated as the Insured Individual, provided that the designated Insured Individual is an eligible individual.
- Name of Beneficiary/ies
- It is recommended to nominate beneficiary/ies with blood relation to the Insured (ie spouse, children, parents or brothers and sisters) or the estate administrator of the latter.
- Name of Insured
You will receive the Proof of Coverage for your Free 90-day Personal Accident Insurance after your BPI Pamana Padala Account Opening has been processed and approved.
Your Free Life Insurance coverage will take effect on the date of the 4th Foreign Inward Remittance made within a 12-month period. You will receive your Proof Coverage for the Life Insurance through Email.
You can claim your BPI Pamana Padala Debit Card at the branch where you opened the account after 3 banking days.
Here’s How to Enroll in BPI Online Banking
- Click here to go to BPI Express Online website.
- Click Enroll Now below Personal Login.
- Fill out the Registration Form with your correct information.
- You may enroll your other BPI Accounts, Third Party Accounts, and Utility Bills to your BPI Express Online Account.
- To Activate your Enrollment to BPI Express Online, go to the nearest BPI ATM Machine, insert your BPI Card. Choose Special Services > Activate Enrollments > Express Online.
- To Activate Third Party Accounts, print the Enrollment Form or get a copy from the bank, fill out the form with the required info, and submit it to the BPI bank officer.
Once you have enrolled and activated your BPI Online Banking account, you can now check your account balance online anytime and anywhere. You can also start paying your bills and transferring funds to your enrolled third party accounts.
Click here to read:
- How to Pay your SSS Voluntary Contribution
- How to Apply for BDO Kabayan Savings Account for OFWs
- PhilHealth Benefits and How to be a PhilHealth OFW Member
- How to Get the OFW iDOLE Card