One of the important documents that every Overseas Filipino Worker needs to have is the OFW iDOLE Card.
All OFWs are required to have the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) which serves as your proof or license that you are working abroad legally. It is important to have your OEC, because you would not be able to leave the country (Philippines) if you don’t have that piece of paper with you as it is serves as your travel document and exit pass as well.
Getting the OEC documents used to be time consuming for waiting in the line-up queues, takes lot of efforts in going through the Philippine Embassy or the Philippine Consulate General, and pay extra fees.
The iDOLE OFW Identification Card aims to ease the processing of papers between OFWs and the government and private agencies concerned with overseas employment.
The iDOLE ID will enable OFWs to have online access to agencies needed for their employment incuding the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), and the Bureau of Immigration (BI), Social Security System (SSS), PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG Fund.
Steps below in getting the OFW iDOLE ID Card
Secretary Bello said, “Application is not needed. All OFWs will have their own copy of iDOLE Card since your name is already in the official roster of OFWs, so they will start processing your ID and we will give it to you.”
Hence, in this statement from the DOLE Secretary, you will be assured that the process in getting the OFW iDOLE ID Card will be that easy.
Reminder: You are required to go to any DOLE office near you or to their main office since Application of iDOLE is not yet available online via DOLE’s website.
- Go to the any DOLE’s branch near your place or to the main office of DOLE. You may check on the list of their offices here.
- Bring 2 or more valid IDs as proof of your identification. Government IDs are surely considered valid.
- Once you in DOLEs office already, approach the person in-charge for your application.
- Present your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) as proof that it is your first time applying for the iDOLE ID.
- Wait for the processing as you name will be verified from the data base of qualified OFWs based from POEA’s listing.
- Once verification successfully done, you ID will then be printed and will be made ready for release.
- Wait until your name be called for the release of you iDOLE Card.
Should there be any questions in getting the iDOLE ID? Please comment down below and we will be happy to answer all your questions.
For inquiries, dial DOLE Hotline Number at 1349 or visit their website at https://www.dole.gov.ph/.
What is OFW e-CARD
The OFW e-CARD is a new identification card that serves as a proof of membership to the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) and an OEC for OFWs.
It replaces the previously issued iDOLE OFW ID card, which was controversial for its confusing guidelines and bearing a photo of President Rodrigo Duterte.
OFWs can use their e-CARD to avail of OWWA programs and services. Simply present the ID card at the OWWA Regional Welfare Office, Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), Department of Foreign Affairs, Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), Bureau of Immigration, and Philippine embassies or consulates in their respective countries of employment.
Benefits of OFW e-Card?
Having the new OFW ID card will make life easier for Filipinos working abroad. Here are OFW e-CARD benefits to expect:
- Easier access to OWWA programs and services such as social benefits, training programs, and scholarships with fewer documentary requirements
- Serves as an OEC or exit clearance at the airport, proving the owner’s legal status as an OFW
- Waived airport fees such as travel tax and terminal fee
- Serves as a valid government-issued ID
- Easy OFW e-CARD application process; no physical documents required
- Security features such as QR code and unique OFW membership number for verification and data breach prevention
- Comes with a digital version through the OWWA Mobile App
Can I get an OWWA OFW ID?
All Balik Manggagawas who meet the following eligibility requirements can get an OFW e-CARD:
- Active OWWA membership (with at least 90-day OWWA membership validity from application date)
- Valid passport (Valid for at least six months prior to expiry date)
- Valid OEC or Exemption Number
Based on POEA Rules and Regulations, a Balik Manggagawa is an OFW who has completed or is currently completing his or her employment contract and will return to the same employer, whether in the same or a new job site.
If you aren’t sure about your OWWA membership status, you may check it at the nearest OWWA Regional Welfare Office if you’re in the Philippines or at the POLO if you’re currently abroad. Or download the OWWA Mobile App on your smartphone to see if your OWWA membership is still active.
As of this writing, the OFW e-CARD is not yet available to newly hired OFWs, as the project is still in its first phase of implementation. Wait for an update from the OWWA on when all OFWs can get this ID card.
How to Get OFW ID Card
The OFW e-CARD is available for free. Whether you’re in the Philippines or abroad, you can apply for this OFW ID card online.
Here’s how to apply for an OFW e-Card:
OFW e-Card Online Application Steps
- Go to the OWWA website and click the OFW e-Card banner. Or directly go to the OWWA OFW e-CARD Application Form.
- Fill out the online OFW ID card application form.
- Select the OWWA Regional Welfare Office where you want to claim the OFW e-Card.
- A confirmation page will appear. Keep the tracking number for inquiring about the ID card status later. Enter your email address or Facebook profile name to know the status. Click the Submit button.
- Claim your OFW ID card at your chosen OWWA Regional Welfare Office.
The OFW e-CARD can be claimed only in the Philippines. You may choose to pick up your ID card when you return to the country for your vacation. Or you can ask a family member to claim it for you. The authorized representative needs to submit an authorization letter and a photocopy of the OFW’s passport identification page.
How to Track OFW e-Card Delivery Status
Checking the status of your e-CARD application is quick and easy. Just follow these steps:
- Visit the OWWA OFW e-CARD Delivery Status page.
- Enter your tracking number or passport number and birthdate.
- Click the Submit button.
Got questions or need help when it comes to the OFW e-CARD? You may reach OWWA via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through any of these contact numbers:
- Landline: (02) 804-0639 / 833-0244 / 551-3647
- Globe: (0977) 396-2809 / (0977) 3962-819 / (0977) 396-2818 / (0977) 396-2804
- Smart: (0918) 605-3017 / (0918) 605-3026 / (0918) 605-3037 / (0918) 6053-046
OWWA and POEA assistance desks are also available at NAIA Terminals 1, 2, and 3 to help OFWs regarding any concern about the e-CARD.
Click here to read:
- How to Avoid Illegal Recruitment for OFWs
- How to Apply for Philippine Passport
- PhilHealth Benefits and How to be a PhilHealth OFW Member