If you are an SSS Member and you don’t have an online account yet, you’re missing a lot of the advantages that it offers.
That’s why I highly recommend that you register to SSS online now and start using the My.SSS online facility to check your SSS contributions, loan status, submit documents, and a lot more.
So, how do we register to SSS online?
The steps below are very easy to follow. Just read and follow the instructions carefully.
Go to the SSS website’s online registration page.
Click this link to access the Online Member User ID Registration.
The page will show you 5 options. Choose one information you’ve previously registered in SSS.
- Savings Account Number / Citibank Cash Card / UBP Quick Card / UMID – ATM Saving Account Number Registered in SSS
- Mobile Number Registered in SSS
- UMID CARD
- Employer ID Number / Household Employer ID Number
- Payment Reference Number / SBR No. / Payment Receipt Transaction Number
Fill out the required information in the online form.
Make sure to leave no required field blank or incorrectly filled out. Some things to keep in mind:
- If your last name and/or given name exceeds the character limit, just use the format of your name on your SSS ID or UMID card. You may contact SSS through its hotline (920-6446 to 55) if you don’t have your ID card right now.
- You can leave the Middle Name field blank if you have no middle name, as it’s not a required info.
- To input your date of birth, use the drop-down calendar to prevent an error in your SSS online registration.
- If you’ve chosen “UMID CARD” in Step 1, the online form will ask for your UMID card pin code.
- Don’t have the pin code yet? You have to activate your UMID card first in the SSS information terminal at select SSS branches.
- Don’t forget to enter the captcha code at the bottom of the page and tick the small box next to “I accept the Terms of Service.”
When you’re done, double-check all information. Click the Submit button. A short message will appear to confirm the successful submission of your enrollment for SSS online registration. Click OK.
Check your email after at least 30 minutes
After you submit your My.SSS web registration application, SSS will validate your info against its records. If they match, you’ll receive an email from email@example.com after half an hour. The message contains an activation link and your user ID.
If the email address you provided is not Yahoo Mail (e.g., Gmail, Hotmail, etc.), check your Spam folder if you can’t find the SSS email in your main inbox.
Activate your My.SSS account
Once you receive the email from SSS, click on the activation link. You need to activate your account immediately up to five days. Or else, the activation link will expire, and you will have to register again.
Clicking on the link will direct you to a page where you’ll be required to create a password and re-type to confirm it. Be sure your password meets these requirements:
- Eight to 20 alphanumeric numbers
- The first character is an alphabet
- No special characters
- Must be different from your user ID
When you’re done, click the Submit button. If the two passwords match, you will be directed immediately to your My.SSS account.
Who Can Register?
SSS encourages all members to register for an online account at My.SSS. You can sign up for an online SSS account if you belong to any of the following:
- Employees with SSS coverage
- Self-employed or voluntary members
- Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs)
- Unemployed spouses with at least one month posted SSS contribution
- Kasambahays and other household employees
Why You Should Register to SSS Online
It’s mainly for your convenience. Using an online My.SSS account can save you a lot of time, energy, and stress because you can transact with SSS in the comfort of your own home or go beyond the usual office hours.
Here are the things you can do with your My.SSS account:
- View, download and print your membership records
- Check your posted contributions
- Make online transactions such as filing an SSS salary loan application and applying for SSS maternity benefit
- Check your SSS loan repayment records
- View details on your SSS benefit claims
- Schedule appointments with an SSS branch
- Ask questions, report a complaint, and discuss your concerns about SSS-related issues on the Members Forum within the online portal
SSS also requires its members to go through the online registration process to ensure security (and prevent identity theft) when they transact with SSS through the internet.
Watch this video tutorial for SSS Online Registration
I have been using the SSS Online Facility for several years now and it’s always been easy and convenient for me to access my SSS records anytime I want or need it.
I don’t need to go to the SSS branch to do that unless I have something to do that requires personal appearance.
So, if you’re an SSS member, go ahead and register for your own SSS online account now so you too could take advantage of the benefits of the SSS online facility.
How to Contact SSS
- SSS Contact Numbers: 920-6446 to 55
- SSS Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SSS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SSSPh
- SSS Website: https://www.sss.gov.ph/
- How to Pay your SSS Voluntary Contribution
- How to Invest in SSS Flexi-fund for OFWs
- How to Apply for SSS Salary Loan